Monday, July 24, 2006

Back to school



Well, the 3-week July mid-year break is officially over. The kids started back to school today. The 5:30 alarm sounded a bit harsh to everyone (including Mom) after almost a month of waking up whenever we wanted. But they are all off and on their way to class. I still think it stinks that school starts so early here. Classes start at 7am. So we have to leave the house by 6:30 to beat the lines and traffic and make it to school on time. Seems crazy for little ones. At least Wyatt's little pre-school doesn't start until 8. That's more like it!! I didn't take any pics today. But here are some from the first day of school back in February. Having to wear uniforms sure makes picking out your clothes easy (as long as Mom has been keeping up on her laundry that is!!) They wear grey polo shirts with the school emblem on the front (can't see it here because of the jacket) with navy pants, black socks, black shoes, black belt (for boys) and a navy jacket or sweater is allowed. They are pretty strict with everything -- but it seems to work well. Our kids actually like it because it helps them to feel normal and fit in since everything else about them seems to stand out! Bless their hearts. Hope you are all doing well and that all my US friends are surviving the crazy heat wave that seems to be hitting so much of the States. I'm thinking of you!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

getting up at 5:30!? that's insane! and only a short summer break! i think you need to do a post about school there.

Cathy said...

I hear you on the pet thing... I went years thinking I'd never own another pet, and if I did, I certainly wouldn't have the energy to love it.

Enter our dog, Gracie. Good grief, I love this animal. More than anyone in the family, I think.

Silly.

She sure is a good companion for me when all the kids are gone. And she's so sweet the way she follows me from room to room... love her.

And who couldn't love that adorable ball of fluff you've got there? TOO CUTE!