Thursday, January 11, 2007

Card Swap Sneak Peak


My friend Susie is having a card swap. And I am one of 8 ladies involved. We each make 8 cards and send them to Susie and then she sends us back 1 card from each lady. So I end up with 8 different hand made cards! Fun!

Our theme was hearts. I used my sewing machine, my heart punch, some buttons, and my brown (actually jumbo java!!) chalk ink pad (I always use that!!) I don't want to show the actual card yet-- as some of the gals might rather be surprised. But here is a hint at what is to come!

(Don't worry, I'll post the real card later when the swap is mailed out!!)

I love making cards but often don't take the time to do it just for fun. (usually just the night before someones birthday or anniversary!) So I loved having time to just play and have fun creating just because. Can't wait to see what the other ladies come up with! Mine are even done early and already on their way to Susie! Yippee!! (I wanted to get them finished while I had some extra free time while the boys are away! )

Hope you are all well. Now I need to clean up the huge mess I made in my office while making above cards. I won't post pictures of that!! :o)

9 comments:

J.J. said...

those look like so much fun AND like i need to get on mine! can't wait to get yours!

Anonymous said...

I'm working on mine, and am so happy that you didn't reveal the whole card. a little sneak peek fits me just perfectly

Susie said...

These look awesome, Chrissy!I love pink and brown paired together :)

Cathy said...

Ooh - those look SO pretty... makes me wish I'd joined the swap... maybe next time.

Can't wait to see the 'real' picture.

Anonymous said...

your sneak peak looks cute!!!

Marie said...

very cute!! can't wait :)

michelle_d said...

I can't wait. I bought some stuff today to make mine! So much fun!

Sheri said...

i wish i was more of a card-maker -- yours sound lovely.

fun idea for a swap :)

Tammy said...

I got one of these cards today, and it is so beautiful! It deserves a frame. Thank you so much, Chrissy, for the card and the note. What a blessing it was to me!
Tammy