Hi friends! Just a quick little note to those of you out there who pray! We found out on Friday that the Ministry of Immigration here in Costa Rica has denied our residency papers. We filed about 2 1/2 years ago. (They are not very organized or speedy!) It appears that they don't have a problem with our papers or our being here but we are still rejected due to a technicality over where we filed and something to do with a law that the new administration is trying to
enforce that past ones didn't. Or at least that is what I think. We did file with the help of a lawyer who told us how, when, and where to do things, but alas we are in Central America so that doesn't really matter. :o) The long and short is that we have 5 days to appeal their rejection. If not, we will have to reapply (which means A LOT of papers and time and money and seals from all kinds of consulates in the US, etc. i.e. a pain!)and do so from the US and not from here-- which I would assume means unexpected travel, etc. As you can see I am assuming and guessing some. That is because we found this out Friday afternoon and can not meet with a lawyer until today in the afternoon. We should know more after that meeting. Pray we get a good lawyer who knows what he is doing and is helpful. And please pray this can be resolved as quickly and inexpensively as possible.
Thanks friends!!
Now, just so I don't have a
pictureless post-- here is what my desk looks like right now!

So
typical-- lots of to-do notes and reminders scribbled on little pieces of paper, a
McDonalds diet coke (
mmm!)as well as an empty diet coke can (my one real addiction!), my sunglasses, bracelet, and
earrings probably tossed off as I got home; my brown stamp pad, a scrap of fabric from the last purse I made, two copies of The Message Bible stacked up in the middle, a pattern for a cute little purse I saw on the
internet, and a bunch of other stuff. Every so often I clear things off and make my work place clean again-- but to be honest this is what it
usually looks like. The actual objects change--but they are always scattered about like this!! :o)
6 comments:
Dear Lord, we just ask right now for your hand to move in this situation. You set the rulers of this world in to place, and you command kingdoms and governments, and we ask that you would bring clarity to what seems a mess. That the paperwork would be easy, simple, and that you would provide financially. Thanks for being our Father and caring for what happens in our lives. Thanks for taking care of the Kings. Bless them, surround them, and encourage them. Thank you.
Oh, Chrissy! I'm praying for your family and for a simple and quick resolution to this problem... and for peace for you as you do whatever is necessary to get it all worked out.
Hugs, friend.
You are being prayed for! All things work for the good of those who believe in Him. What a promise!
Chrissy, I will definitely pray for you. I sure hope this gets resolved smoothly.
I love your desk photo too. :)
Oh dear. Chrissy, I will pray right now for God to help you fear not and lead you to that place of certainty where all things work together for His glory. I'm sorry that you have to go through this right now.
On another note, I think I'll take a picture of my scrapspace right now- it will help you feel good about what you're working in :)
Praying for you, so much, dear friend.
Post a Comment