Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A teenager??!! How is that possible?

Here I am 13 years ago today. January 23rd, 1994. Holding my newborn son. It doesn't seem possible that it has been 13 years already. How can I be a Mom to a teenager? Crazy, huh??



Crazy but true. Zach turned 13 today and had a great day. We started out by going to a local park that has a course for bikes with big hills and turns and bumps, etc. The boys had always wanted to try it and so today we went. They loved it. I was worried we would return home with broken arms or legs or something. But thankfully, both boys escaped bodily harm!

ready to hit the trails at the park


the bike trails or track or whatever! (that is Zach in the middle background and Austin in the far left corner! Double-click to actually see them!)

We came home and had our friends the Twitchells (our family when we are far from family!) over for pizza and cake and ice cream. (Actually Zachary requested warm brownies instead of cake this year! With a scoop of vanilla ice cream -- Yummy!!)
my gang-- I love being their mama!

He not only makes us laugh--but he cracks himself up too!

Silly face in a new sweatshirt!! :o)

Zachary is really changing. He is getting so tall. He looks different as he has braces now (got his top set almost a year ago but just got his bottom row put on last week!) and a bi-plate (which is the blue thing you see when he smiles). And he is growing his hair out. (eek!) And he can be so nice and kind and helpful. But of course he can then turn around and be so emotional and upset over the littlest thing that his brother did to bother him. Typical brothers and typical teenage emotions, I think. Zachary loves life-- loves to tease, joke, play, laugh (anything but work!!). And his enthusiasm is contagious. Our family is much funner because of him! Can't wait to see what the year ahead holds for him!!

This picture is actually from December but it shows how tall and handsome my boy is becoming!

ps-- Residency update--Long and short = we found a good lawyer. He thinks we may lose our initial appeal but stand a good chance to win our second appeal (that is what he has seen happen in the past.) So we continue to pray for a speedy resolution. Pray with us that our appeals will be accepted and we can stay in Costa Rica without anymore legal hassles!! Thanks

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to zach! :)

sorry i havent been reading much chrissy! i thought i had you on my bloglines list and that you just weren't updating. finally realized today you weren't on my bloglines list at all! i'm catching up now!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it has been 13 years either! The pictures are great-I'm sure they had a great time at the bike track!

Cathy said...

Oh - I'm late, but Happy Birthday to your handsome young man...

Looks like a fun day - that bike track would make me nervous too!

Mi'Chelle said...

I love that "cracking himself up" picture. It made me laugh. Happy Teenage Mama Day!

Anonymous said...

Here's my excuse: I can't get bloglines to read your feed, so I am always behind in your updates, too.

Happy Belated Anniversary of becoming a mama- Zach looks like a ball of fun!