Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Feliz Día de La Amistad

Happy Friendship Day to each of you-- my wonderful friends!!


This is a card I recently made for a Feb. card swap. Since the flower is made of little hearts, I thought I would share it today!! :o)

In Central America, Feb. 14th is often called "día de la amistad" which means Friendship Day. I like that as it applies to more than just romantic love. It is fun to have a day where you celebrate all your friendships. So I am going to try and make some cookies to take by to a few friends today. I've already made a card and have a gift for my hubby and I hid little Valentines in my kids' lunchboxes. (My 7th grade boy will probably die of embarrassment when he finds it at school!) But I look forward to continuing to celebrate today with my other friends as well.

Speaking of lunchboxes-- school started here!! Summer vacation was relaxing and wonderful. But it is mid-February now so time to head back to classes. My youngest started kindergarten and I --like most Mommies-- was nervous about how he would do. He is my baby after all! But he loved it!! "I made a whole bunch of new friends Mom" he said all excited. I was so glad. It is an early morning here (up at 5:30 leave by a 6:30) !! School starts way too early here in CR I think!! But he is excited to get up and really likes his two teachers and all the fun things that are a part of kindergarten! I am so thankful.

The kids before school (Chloe and Wyatt in their PE uniforms and Zach with his new blue shirt which if for high schoolers --7-11th grade-- and Austin in the typical grey shirt that all the primary school uses.)


Wyatt outside his new classroom!



I love the way the school adds as much nature and light as possible-- even in the kindergarten hallway-- isn't this pretty!!

8 comments:

Fuller Family said...

KINDERGARTEN! No way!!!! I'm not ready for him to be gone all day and he's not my kid. It can't be true! He looks so cute! Missing you like crazy right now!

Jenny L. said...

I love Wyatt's pose in that first photo. He looks spunky. I also love "Friendship Day", and of course, that card is darling. Excited to be exchanging cards with you!

michelle_d said...

Mine came today! I was guessing that those cards were yours! I was right! I love them.

Are yours there yet? (it's not a race)

Amber Joy said...

I would love to go to school there

Susie said...

I just loved your cards. I fear I am going to just keep it for myself. Maybe I can put a special order of ten in just so I can have some around here to keep.

Is that weird?

Cathy said...

I love the sound of 'friendship day'... that's a great variation of Valentine's Day.

Happy (late) Friendship day to you too, friend!

Anonymous said...

that's it, i'm moving to CR, early school days or not. ;) it all just looks so pretty there. being around the beez has sure instilled an interest in travelling overseas in me.

and wyatt's pose in the group shot is just adorable! ;)

Mary Jo said...

A little late, but Happy Friendship Day!!

My baby is starting Kindergarten this fall. I can't believe that he is old enough for Kindergarten.

And I totally agree with Nadine.
So fun to learn about other places outside the USA.