And we spent the day in the car. On the way to the King side of the family in Kansas. And we were making good time getting out of Illinois before the nasty frozen rain was to hit when a car came alongside of ours and started honking. And pointing to our back tire. And I looked in the mirror and saw it was totally flat!! (how could we not feel it??) So in the below freezing temps, my sweet hubby gets on his knees on the wet snow covered shoulder and changed the tire. He's my hero. He also kept his cool as we waited 2 hours for the next Wal-Mart we came upon to put a new tire on (you can't drive all day on the little spare!!). 2 hour wait for a 10 minute service is hard to swallow when you have a day's driving ahead of you and freezing rain you're trying to stay ahead of. Did I mention he's my hero?
I didn't get a photo of the tire-changing event because it wasn't appropriate at the time. But I sure wish I had it now. I was busy praying that the big semis that sped by and rocked the car would not rock it off of the jack; and I was praying Darrin wouldn't have to get under the car to pry the spare loose; and I was praying we would all get out alive and safe. So pictures weren't at the top of my list!!
No comments:
Post a Comment