Thursday, January 27, 2011

We are here:

Yep, we are "Missionaries On Campus" this semester at Ozark Christian College in Joplin, Missouri.

Our family is living in the large house on campus built just for missionaries like us:


Darrin is teaching a course on Latin American Missions and a seminar on Music and Missions as well as finishing up his thesis for his Master's degree. So he is busy.

I am trying to teach my four kiddos and not freeze to death in the cold Midwest winter (after being spoiled and living in warm Costa Rica the past six years!)

We are doing well and are blessed, but I'd be lying if I didn't confess to missing this many days:
(a typical CR street -- this one in SF2R, close to Parque Okayama)

or this:
(our church in Tres Rios)
and certainly this:
(beach in Esterillos)
Costa Rica has a way of becoming part of you!! Pura Vida!

4 comments:

Ted said...

Chrissy, God bless you and your family for your missionary work. Warriors for God... I admire you all so much. :)

Mom said...

Hi! I hadn't looked on here in months and lo and behold you had something new! You are having an unusually cold winter to get used to!

Jen Carter said...

My husband and I lived in Joplin for a year when we were first married and he attended OCC for one year before transferring to Calvary Bible College in KC the next year! How fun to see your post!! Sorry you a little homesick though!

nadine said...

Are you going back to Costa Rica? Your kids must be enjoying living in a place where they can get snow!