Monday, January 20, 2014

Google Searches



OK, for starters, to keep it real---when I typed my title above, I accidentally typed Booble Searches.  Ha ha!!  Not sure what that is, but it sounds funny!!  :-)

Anyway, I loved Jenny's idea of using past Google Searches for her list.

So here are my last 10 Google searches:

1-- Faye Dunaway -- Why?  A friend had recently posted a anecdote about her, and I wanted to look her up and see what she looks like these days.
Front Cover

2-- The Fault in Our Stars -- Why?  My daughter is reading it now, and I wanted to know what she was getting in to.

3-- Annoy en español -- Why?  I was making a poster for my Spanish classroom wall and was looking for another verb to use for annoy (molestar, irritar, etc.)

4-- Erin Andrew's Who was talking about you?-- Why?  Ha!  I just watched the interview with the Seahawks' Sherman and Erin Andrews and I thought it was funny when she said, "Who was talking about you?" So I googled to see if anyone else picked up on that and was writing about it.  :-)



5-- Sitch Fix. -- Why?  Look it up, and you'll see!!  It's your own personal online shopper who sends you five articles of clothing to try!  Jessica (Claire) Norwood was posting about it, so I looked it up!!

6-- Mary Lambert -- Why?  She sings the duet with Mackelmore & Lewis called "Same Love"  I was reading an article about Grammy nominations and didn't know who she was-- so Google to the rescue.

7-- For sale by Owner, Webb City, MO.  --Why?  We live in Webb City.  I just saw a cute house near ours that was FSBO, so I googled just to see if by chance they'd placed an online ad.  (They hadn't) Don't want to move -- just curious.

8-- Write Your Story Francesca Battestelli --Why?  My son was talking about this song, so I googled to listen to it!

9-- SW MO All District Honors Band.  --Why?  My 7th grader auditioned for the All District Honors Band and got FIRST CHAIR tromobone!  Yippee!!  I was just checking to see if there was an online link to the listing so I could toot his horn.  (very punny!!)

10-- Bridges of Madison County  --Why? Was thinking of Meryl Streep and her role in this movie and decided to look up the year it was made.
Meryl Streep, Clint Eastwood, ... | READY FOR ITS CLOSEUP Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep in The Bridges of Madison County , which gets a nice making-of featurette on Deluxe Edition…


There it is .. . my last 10 Google Searches... and whatever that might tell you about me!!  :-)

4 comments:

Sheri said...

fun post!

Elizabeth said...

I love it! What an insight into what you're thinking... I did the same thing this week, inspired by Jenny. : )

nadine said...

I love Meryl Streep. I watched Fantastic Mr. Fox for the first time last night and really enjoyed her in that! She was on Ellen the other day and I love how she's just so normal!

Missy said...

We love Francesca here!