Monday, December 18, 2006

Graduation and Card making




Zachary graduated from grade school into high school last week. We don't claim he is a high schooler yet as our "home" culture of the USA considers high school to start at 9th grade. But here in Costa Rica high school is 7-11 grades. Soooo, in the eyes of all his friends and peers here they are all high-schoolers! It makes him sound way too old so I haven't used that phrase yet! :o) But he seems quite fond of it. Here he is in his cap and gown and with his proud parents and his diploma!


I have been making lots of cards lately. I am giving some sets away as teacher gifts, etc. Actually I gave most away without remembering to take pictures. Here are a few that I have pictures of. (These were all used in my sets too -- and some of you may recognize these as I made some for me to use as well!!) I love finding a great basic pattern and then using it again and again with different colors and paper. The first two horizontal cards were inspired from a Becky Fleck Card Sketch. And the last three horizontal cards were inspired by a birthday card my friend Suzanne B. made several years ago. I have used it again and again and again for so many occasions and in so many colors. I love that it is so simple yet looks so cute!!







And this last one I just made for a friend's anniversary. I haven't mass produced it yet as the Calla lilies take a while to make. But they are my favorite flower so it was worth it!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zach looks so grown up, and you all look great! It does seem strange to call him a high schooler already!

Anonymous said...

chrissy! that last card is just stunning!

congrats to zach on moving on to high school!

Susie said...

OMGgoodness, look at those cards- I love, love calla lilies, that one is my favorite (but I am also partial to the one that's on my mantel, C).

Fuller Family said...

Man I'm missing your creative little self. Come walking through the door and chat. That would sure make my day! I think I say that everytime I post on here!
Jennifer