* I was able to make a quick trip to the US to visit my new little niece! Yeah. I left my four kiddos here with my daring hubby and flew back to my folks' house in Illinois. It was wonderful to hold my little niece and see her while she is still little. (We don't have a family trip planned until June '08 and she'd be one already by then!!) Don't worry I took lots of pictures!!
I told you she was cute, didn't I??? Here's the proof!!
* I was also able to finally meet my sister Amy's boyfriend. She has been dating Jeremy for over a year, and it has been so weird to have not met this person who has become a very significant and serious part of her life. I was so grateful for the chance to meet him and look forward very much to getting to know him better in the future. I have often prayed that God would bring a Godly man into my sister's life, and it is exciting to finally see those prayers being answered. I also was able to see my other sister Jeni's new apartment. It is so much fun to catch up with all of my brothers and sisters and just get to spend a little time with them. It's a rare thing for us all to be together at the same time. It happened several times this trip so that was extra special!
Amy and Jeremy, above. All five brothers and sisters together, below!!
* When I went to the US, I was able to arrange my flights to spend the last couple days of my trip in Dallas. My dear sweet friend Heidi moved there a year ago and has a new baby girl I hadn't met yet. I have missed her like crazy and it was so wonderful to have a couple days to soak up her friendship again. Of course, my first visit to The Cheesecake Factory, yummy Starbucks, shopping days, and a Texas Rangers ballgame also made the visit fun!! But just being with a good friend far outweighed all the rest. Big thanks to her sweet hubby who watched their little ones so we could have a couple girls' nights out!! Yeah!!
Another sweet little baby girl I got to see. My sweet friend Heidi, her new sweetie, and me!* Lots of good, good things. But one sad item to note. After I returned home to Costa Rica, my Mom called to say that my youngest brother received orders from the Army that he has to return to active duty. He was in the Army and completed his term (complete with his year in Iraq). He has been out of the Army for three years now and is living and working in Illinois. I was able to see him and visit during my time home. But, as any of you with family in the services know, even after your active duty is over the army still "owns" you for a certain number of years and can recall you if needed. After three years had gone by, we all thought J. wouldn't be called up again. But that wasn't the case. So, he has to report in one month to a base in S. Carolina. And his papers indicate he will have a refresher training and then will have to return to Iraq. I am sad beyond words. And more confused than ever before about this war and the politics behind it. I am PROUD of my brother and the time he has served and now will serve our country. But I so wish with all my heart and soul that he didn't have to go back there. I know we are just one more family of a list of many who are having their world turn upside down again. It's just hard all the same.
Josh and I on the last night of my trip. I sure love him!!* So that's what I've been up to. More ups than downs. For that I am so grateful. Hope you are all well. I need to get caught up on my e-mail and reading your blogs so I can see what you are up to. I think of all of you often. (And yes Susie, I know you tagged me; I am saving it for my next post!! This one is too long already!! )
9 comments:
I bet your family was so happy to see you!! :0)
Good luck with teaching this year!
I am so happy you got to spend time with your family!
oh I am so glad you got to meet your niece and see your brother.
What a wonderful trip you must have had.
and YEA YOU!! how exciting that you are teaching again.
if you want so history/geography internet resources, let me know, I've been saving them for my teaching days.
I'm so excited that you had a chance to come "home". You will be a GREAT teacher! Missing you!
Oh Chrissy - what a great update - and I'm SO glad you got to see so many people you love!
I will be praying for your brother... that must be so hard.
Love to you, friend!
Wowzers, there is SO much going on in your world. I love how GOd just knots everything together, Chrsiiy. Looking forward to hearing how the school year goes!
Wow! What an amazing adventure you have been on. Prayers for you and your family. I'm sure you will find the balance between home/work soon. (I'm teaching half time too!)
I'm happy for you that you got to spend some time with your family Chrissy! :)
Congratulations on the teaching job as well. I am still keeping Costa Rica tucked in the back of my head as a possible job option in the future!
miss you, Chrissy! Wow, you are busy alright! I know how 4 preps feels--a bit deadly on Sunday nights... hang in there!
Post a Comment