BEFORE----

AFTER----
She started asking to get her hair cut short in November. I put it off as I was busy (and secretly didn't want to see it go!!). Then Darrin went on a trip before Thanksgiving, and she wanted to get it cut while he was away to surprise him on his return! But it was a crazy week, and it never happened. Then I didn't want her to get it cut before Christmas in case she didn't like it. And I love it long and knew there would be so many pictures in December. But, I realize I am being a little selfish!! :o) Also, I wanted to make sure it was something she really wanted not just a quick whim. But it has been a couple months now, and it is still mentioned a lot around here. Sooooo, Daddy has been out of town all week, and she decided this would be the perfect chance!! (She loves to surprise people!!) So today we went to the little kids' hair place not far from the house. And Chloe came home one happy girl!! I love to see her happy!! (But couldn't stand the sight of the pile of beautiful long blond silky hair getting stepped on and swept around on the floor!! boo hoo!) So the pic above is her new look. She loves it!!
Also, Monday was our first day of school. The kids' all switched schools and joined the school where I teach. It had to be done to save my sanity. This is an English speaking school. I think that will be good for their English. And I know that is important. But I have just LOVED how well they speak Spanish now, and I pray, pray, pray it doesn't make them move backwards in that language!! So many decisions to make as a parent!! We just hope and pray and do our best!! The good news is they all four LOVE the new school and their classes and teachers, etc. I get to have Zach and Austin both in class so that is fun.
I am absolutely dead tired again. School starting the same week Darrin is gone probably isn't the best case scenario for me. I've been up late finishing lessons and the house looks like a tornado hit. My poor hubby who really can't live or function in anything but a very ordered environment will be in for a bit of a shock tomorrow. But I hope he will be so happy to see us that he won't go into breakdown mode over the unmade beds, clothes still in the dryer (instead of folded) and dirty dishes. :o) A girl can hope, can't she??!
Speaking of things to do, I really shouldn't be blogging. Just wanted to check in. And let Chloe show off her new 'do to her family back in the US. So I'm off.
Oh-- one more thing. I am trying the picture-a-day thing in 2008. I will do my best, and have decided already that it's ok if I miss a day. 366 in 2008 is my goal. But I think 314 would be wonderful too!! :o) I'm not going for formal perfectly composed pieces of art. (maybe in 2009!!) but just little snapshots of my life.
Things like this:
Taken of course, last night when I was tired and exhausted and wanting to go to bed but still finishing my lesson plans!!Also notice I will TAKE a picture a day, not post it!! I know I could never be that organized!! But I will post them when I get the chance. I have these first two weeks' worth ready to go and will try to add them soon. I'll just add them when I can in a separate album with a link here. I will put them all up-- so eventually you can see them all-- but I won't add one each day. I know myself better than that!!
My hubby and I at a park last week. I will be happy to see him tomorrow!! Life isn't perfect. Marriage isn't always easy. But when he is away, it is always a good reminder of how much I like him here!! :o)

Happy 2008 my friends.
7 comments:
Chloe's hair is adorable!!
I bet it's much easier for you having them at your school.
But how wonderful that they can speak spanish so well!
chloe's hair looks great! she looks so different!
Chloe, your hair looks great! I bet Daddy will be SO surprised. I am excited about all the pictures coming. I love it. The kids picture and the one of you and Darrin were really good, too. Hope you get some sleep this weekend. :)
She looks so grown up with her new haircut. So glad the kids are at your school. I remember how cool it was when my mom taught at my school!
Hi, Chrissy..it's De! I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate that you even have a little time to blog and post pictures of the family. It's a PERFECT way for your great big extended family to keep in touch and up to date on everyone :o) Tell Chloe I think she looks gorgeous in her new "do!"
Hey, you've inspired me with your "Photo A Day" resolution. I think I'm going to try this too. It ought to be fun - and then maybe I'll have some photos for my scrapbooks and my blog when I need them! I can't wait to see some of your "photos of the day!" E-mail me sometime! :)
Hi sweet friend!! I love the updates and pictures!! Kate and I love Chloe's hair!! What did Daddy think?? Was he surprised?
We love and miss you guys like CRAZY and can't wait to see you again!!
I'm so glad yáll are all at school together! God is so good!!
Post a Comment