Saturday, March 01, 2008

Yes, I am alive!

Hi friends. So much to report. So little time to talk!! Thanks for your e-mails wondering if I was still around!! :o) I am. Just busy. Sometimes something has to give, and as you can see, it is often this blog. Here are some random facts about the past month:

1. We had our graduation for all of our Institute kids. Very emotional. But very exciting. They've all worked so hard these past 14 months. Can't wait to see what God has in store for each of them.

2. I've been sick. Sinus and chest stuff. Yuck. Finally went to the doctor. Took the very first dose of the antibiotic he prescribed and immediately started itching, then turning red, then breaking out in hives, then swelling (lips, eyes, throat), then heart started going crazy. Needless to say, we ended up at the ER with shots and IVs and observation time, etc. But thanks to fast acting med and some rapid-fire prayers (God help me, God help me . . . ) I am fine!! My first allergic reaction. I won't forget it!! Now I can never take any antibiotics in the Quinone family!

3. School is moving along. I never feel like I have done enough and there is never enough time for all my ideas. But I still love my kids and love the middle school age!!

4. We are house-hunting again. Because of many difficulties in owning property as a foreigner, we rent our home here. Unfortunately, our land lady is going to raise the rent an extreme amount. So, we will have to look for something else. It is hard to find something that is big enough for a family of 6, in a safe neighborhood, and that we can afford. So wish us well!! We are starting to see a few houses today.

5. Although houses seem high here, emergency care isn't. My trip to the ER, the doctor's fees, observation fees, IVs, and allergy medications, and shots all came up to a grand total of $106. So I don't think I have anything to complain about! :o)

6. We are getting excited about June. We are going to have a six-seven month US furlough. We have been in CR four years now and need to report back to all our supporting churches about the Institute. It will be a good chance to see family & friends and let our kids experience US life again (Wyatt doesn't remember ever living in the States!). I hope that between traveling and reporting and visiting churches, we will also get a chance to rest and relax. Our pace of life the past 14 months has been insane and we need a break!

7. I miss "me" time. That has been one of the hardest changes from full-time-stay-at-home Mom to full-time-school-teacher mom. I love crafts and scrapbooking and reading and driving around the city, getting a Diet Coke at McDs and reading the paper, etc. Yet my free time is almost zero. Hope I can do some "fun" things before too long!!

So there is a list of Seven on Saturday!! Hope you enjoyed. I promise not to let another month go by before I update!! :o)

5 comments:

Fuller Family said...

Hey Its good to hear form you! I'm glad you are better. Sorry about the house hunt I'm sure that is not at the top of your list of fun things to do. Will you look me up when you are home? Do you get me emails? Well I'm up for a diet coke anytime you want to stop by! Take some "me" time soon! Jen

Missy said...

YaY! Youre back! Sorry about the sickies....So fun that you get to visit back home again.

nadine jenine said...

Wow! I can't believe you've been there long enough that Wyatt doesn't remember ever living in the US! Just think about all the lives you've touched in that time. ;)

Mary Jo said...

Scary allergic reaction but so thankful you are ok!!
Hope you get some relaxing "me" time soon :0)

shannon said...

So glad you are okay!!! I will be praying about the house situation with understanding!!!! we can't wait to see yáll!! I understand the no me time thing, too. Will pray for that with understanding as well!!
love you!