Saturday, February 21, 2009

Back in the saddle

Well, we returned to Costa Rica on Dec. 29th and I have completely ignored this blog since then. Getting ready to leave the US was a crazy mad-dash of Christmas, packing up seven months of life, sad tearful good-byes, and the stomach flu. So it is easy to see why I didn't post at all at the end of December!! But then we got home to our wonderful little house-- which had been left alone for the entire six month rainy season. And although it was all safe and sound-- everything in sight was musty and moldy. So several days of leaving every window wide open, lots of washing and lysol--- throw in New Year's Eve parties and lesson plans (school started for me just one week after arriving home) and you can see why I didn't write much in early January! :o)

However, from mid-January till now, I've just been lazy. I've been getting back in the groove of life-- getting back into the sync of teaching and writing lesson plans-- adjusting to new schedules (all the kids are playing soccer this year) and just living life. Good times. Fun kids. Life is good.

But I realize my sweet family and friends stateside don't know that life is good and all is well because I have not posted a single pic or written a single line in so long. So here we go again!! I'm working on a new blog header and I'm getting the camera out and about again. I'll try to keep my Mom and sister back in the loop again!! And the rest of you can reap the benefits as well!! Pura Vida!!

After living through a couple months of cold Illinois winter, it was so nice to see this outside my bedroom window again every morning!!


Zach got right back into the swing of things at church playing drums on Sunday mornings.


Wyatt stepped right back into 'Spanish' mode for Sunday school (which he is happy about even if this picture makes it appear otherwise!!)


It was fun to be back with our dear friends in time to celebrate Zachary's 15th birthday!!! (which does not seem possible!!)




And it was good to celebrate Dia Del Amor y La Amistad!! (Love and Friendship day-- which is what they often call Valentine's Day here!)

Here is Zach celebrating the 'friendship' part of the holiday! :o)


And Darrin and I celebrating the 'love' side of the day!! (I got flowers too, they just aren't in this picture!!)


So you can see that we are alive and well. And I feel ready to tackle my online diary here again. Soon to come-- first trip back to the beach pics!! :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea- new pictures!!! The lush green landscape looks so good and warm. I check in every once in awhile to see if you made it to Christmas! :) Can't wait to see beach picture!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you how good you and Darrin looked!