Monday, March 02, 2009

Ahhhh, the beach

I have to admit. I love the beach. I had never even seen the ocean until I was in college. My first experience was on a small little abanonded stretch of beach in Nicaragua during a college mission trip. Since we weren't locals, we didn't know it was a dangerous area with a strong rip tide. Two men almost drowned and I was one of the girls who was pulled out. To this day I am thankful that our missionary guide was a strong swimmer and came out to get me. You'd think after such an experince that I would hate the ocean. But no, I just love it. I have a strong respect for the danger it poses. . .but there is just nothing as relaxing as lying on the beach. The warm sand, the hot sun, the gentle lulling sound of the water as it comes and goes with each wave, the smell of suntan lotion, the taste of the saltwater on your skin. Ooooh, need I go on. For our family, it is the ideal get-a-way from the crazy busy life in a city of 2 million people. And luckily for us, we had a three day weekend last weekend and made our first return to the beach since we left last June. It was wonderful!!


Long stretches of sand, tall overhanging palm trees, only a few people, ahhh perfect!
Even better than a trip to the beach is a trip to the beach with your best friend. Lucky for us the Twitchell family joined us on the trip, here is Chloe with her BFF Eliza!!

I love this picture of C & E looking at the water with the tall palm tree shadow!

Heading out for a morning of snorkeling!!

One of the cutest sights of the weekend were Wyatt's little toes poking out of his mini-sized flippers!!

And there is the cute little snorkler himself!!

Only thing better than the beach in the morning is the beach at sunset. Bestill my heart!

The gang!!! Twitchell girls and the King kids!

Austin working the sunset for a new profile pic!

Zach full of funny poses!

Elaine and I wanted to get a quick picture together to help us remember the trip!!

DP and I. :o)

4 comments:

Katy said...

oh, I'm with you. I love the beach.
I never had a real beach vacation, had only seen them on one or two occasions, until I was an adult (actually 2 years ago).
I'm going to retire there.. if I can wait that long. :D

Anonymous said...

Chrissy, It looked like you had a great trip. Your photos are beautiful. I'm ready for another tropical getaway. Love you guys! Amy

Susie said...

It looks so beautiful there- Costa Rica is definitely on my bucket place of places to visit (that sounds weird, but I hope you know what you mean!)

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful! I love the beach too, and hope to get there with you sometime in the next year! You all look so relaxed and happy. :)