Sunday, March 29, 2009

17 years



17 years: no small feat in this day and age. I am grateful! Here is a picture we took last weekend before heading out to eat. It is a very rare occasion that we go out to eat together. Valentine's Day and our anniversary are really the only times. We both have busy work schedules, all the kids have activities, we have church activities and to be honest if there ever is a rare free evening we just want to hang out at the house and go to bed early. We must be getting old! But on special nights like this, I confess, it is fun for the girly girl in me to get dressed up and spend an evening out. And it is super nice not to have to do the dishes! :o) Maybe we'll have to sneak in another date before Valentine's Day next year!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

You and Darrin both look terrific!!! It doesn't seem possible that you have been married for 17 years! I'm glad you got to go out and celebrate!

Amy said...

You two look wonderful! I can't believe it was 17 years ago-time really does fly. You two have been a very good example for me of a godly marriage. Love you guys!