Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Fun with My Family!!

>>The kids with Grammy and Grandpa

>>> The three sisters!
>>> My sweet parents

Yipee! After many months of waiting my family finally arrived for their much anticipated visit. It was the fastest 9 days ever. It seemed the time just flew by! But it was so wonderful to have them here. My parents and my two sisters all four came and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of their time with us. We, of course, had to take them to the beach for a day or two. They are all from Illinois and had just experienced that huge snow and ice storm that went through a the beginning of the month. So we took them away to warm up for a few days! My two brothers were probably a bit jealous that they were out working every day in the ice and cold while the rest of their family was at the beach, but maybe that will encourage them to get their passports and come along next time too. (hint hint guys!!)
>>> My Mom and Dad enjoying the sun!

>>> Wyatt the snorkeling enthusiast with his latest find, a star fish!

>>> The gals! -- Me, my sisters, and my daughter
>>> Monkey in the trees at the beach!

We also did a lot of this:

Just hanging around together. That was the best thing of all. Just having a week in December so close to Christmas to just be together! We made some Christmas candy and went out to eat and laughed till we cried. It was a fun time! Thanks Mom, Dad, Amy and Jeni for giving us all such a wonderful Christmas present!
>>> Making Christmas candy

Hope that you, my blog-reading friends, are all well. I decided to enjoy my family while they were here and have taken a bit of a break on reading your blogs and catching up on your latest. But I hope to take some time to do that in the next few days! I hope you are all enjoying this special time of year!
Blessings!! Chrissy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you it brought tears to my eyes!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful visit Chrissy!!! I'm sure it was wonderful to see them. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that your family got to come and visit you, and that you enjoyed the time with them. I can remember the excitement of when my family came to visit me. I'm hoping that it will be less scarce in the future, and for you, too.

Cathy said...

Oh yay! I'm so happy for you that you had such a nice long visit.

Yay!