Thursday, June 10, 2010

Compañeros del Trabajo

Staff photo at graduation (above)

I love this group of people!! Working day in and day out next to these guys and gals at Sojourn Academy has been a blessing and a privilege these past three years. I couldn't ask for a greater group of people to lock arms with and work along side of!!

My Secondary Department friends and hall-mates:

Girlfriends!!!

But alas, the year is coming to a close. And as happens often in a school with a lot of international employees, many people are going different directions at the end of the school year. I'm included in that list because I won't be returning to teach next fall. I am going to miss my students like CRAZY but for several different missions and family reasons, it is definitely the best decision for us right now. So graduations like this are a little bittersweet because you realize its one of the last times we'll all be together this way!

This week has been even more difficult because there is a lot of sickness going around the school -- at least 7 or 8 sick teachers. Yikes. My cough still lingers from the bronchitis I'm recovering from, but I'm up and moving. Now my heart rate is going crazy and we're trying to figure that one out with the doctor. (My guess -- this lingering chest cough and STRESS!!) We all just need to make it one more week!! Next week is finals, then all the teachers can hibernate away under the covers for a few days and rest up!! I can't wait!! :o)

1 comment:

nadine said...

every time you post about your teaching position there it always makes me think about teaching a year abroad myself. it would be quite an experience!