Friday, June 25, 2010

School's Out!!

Yay for Summer vacation!! Yay for great girlfriends. Boo to having to say good-bye!! Working in an international school often means changes of jobs, countries, schools, etc. for both studuents and employees. This year seven teachers of Sojourn Academy are moving, returning to the US, changing schools, or for some similar reason not returning to teach in the fall. So to celebrate our friendships, five of us went on a quick week-end getaway the Saturday that school got out!!

Now let's face it, if you are going to go on a quick week-end get-a-way, Costa Rica is the place to be!! Just a couple hours from the crazy hustle-bustle of the city, you find this:
Ahh, blue skies, palm trees, the sound of the waves crashing into the shore!!
We ended up here: Does this look familiar? Yeah, I've been here before and posted pictures (with these same gals too!!) But it's definitely worth returning to!
Here I am on the front porch, in front of the pool. Ahhh, vacation: no make-up, messy hair, slightly sun-burned and with a big smile because I'm so relaahhhhhhhxed. :o)
Girlfriends!
And more great girlfriends!
During our three stay we did a lot of this: (what can I say, we're all teachers and it had been a looooong semester!)
A lot of this: Mmmmmm---chicken, avacado, beans, tortillas, cheese, salsa = perfect beach lunch (or supper or breakfast and lunch again!!)
And of course a lot of this: Sitting by the pool. We mixed in some walking on the beach, watching movies and a lot of girl talk.
On the way home we took a slight little detour to go to Marisqueria Leda in Mata Limon. Well worth it!! Right by the edge of the water and with the yummiest freshest fish you can imagine. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. The best ceviche I've ever eaten (sorry Fran, yours is a close second!); I had yummy jumbo shrimp in garlic butter. And Karol had these to die for breaded calamari rings with a yummy dipping sauce. Everything was great.
So very good. I'm just looking for an excuse to go back again!! :o)
All in all, a great couple of days. Much needed rest. Much appreciated girl time. Fun. I've sure enjoyed getting to know these gals and have been so blessed to work alongside of them!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

OK, so our getaway to Tulsa was a super-highlight and all, but I'm thinking these girls got a better deal. Tulsa... resort-worthy location in Costa Rica... hmmmmmmm

; )

Mom said...

Looks and sounds wonderful!! Glad you and your friends had that time to relax and enjoy!!