Saturday, August 12, 2006

Day trip

My favorite picture of the day: This was actually taken while I was sitting at the table after eating lunch. This was my view from my seat!!


Today we went on a little day trip with our friends and team-mates the Twitchells to celebrate living and working in Costa Rica for 2 years!! We went to the Orosi Valley. It is only about an hour outside the city but is such a beautiful drive! We visited an old Colonial church in Orosi (built from 1743-1766) and then ate lunch at a beautiful restaurant on the edge of a lake (surrounded by coffee fields!). We then came home via Ujarras and saw the ruins of one of the oldest churches in Costa Rica (finished in 1693) Henry Morgan the pirate came through in 1666 and the townspeople gathered together to pray for help and were spared. So they erected the church in thanksgiving! Everywhere we went was green and beautiful and so peaceful. A relaxing way to get away from city life for a few hours. We loved it and already are planning to go back again! Here are some pictures!! If you come visit us, we'll take you along too!!

The church at Orosi:
















The King and Twitchell kids!! The very very best of friends!!





















Our family:
















The church ruins at Ujarras:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! I LOVE your blog! It's so fun. I feel so out of touch since we have been homeless the last couple of months . . . but we moved into our house yesterday!!! YEAH!!!!! Now, the fun job of decorating. I miss you! -Heidi

Mary Jo said...

Looks gorgeous there!!
What a nice family photo!

Jenny L. said...

What beautiful photos!

Susie said...

Everything looks so lush there, Chrissy. Wow!

Anonymous said...

you have a very tall and thin family don't you!?

Marie said...

wow. what beautiful pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Man cute family! I may ahve to stop reading your blog... makes me miss you WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much!
Jennifer

Cathy said...

Could those kids be any cuter? Or blonder? I'll bet they all stand out in a Costa Rican crowd!

Beautiful... you are so fortunate to have such gorgeous surroundings.

I want to eat lunch there someday!