Sunday, September 10, 2006

Pictures to go with the Fall post

OK friends, after going on and on about fall (read the next post!), I had to post a few pictures too. Actually the post below was taken from an e-mail. I was writing a Costa Rican friend to try and explain why I love this time of year so much back home. Here in CR there are two seasons -- rainy and dry. Each about 6 months long. So there is no fall here. That is why I feel a bit melancholy and nostalgic this time of year! Luckily, I did bring some fun fall indoor decorations with me! So maybe it's time to pull them out again!! In the meantime, here are some random photos of fall that make me smile!! Enjoy!

One of my all time favorite fall pictures. Wyatt's first trip to a pumpkin patch. Fall 2001:



I love this picture too. It is ay my Mom's house-- told you she decorates so cute for fall!! This would be Fall 2002 (I think!!)



Not the greatest pic-- but a fun memory. Wiener Roast at my parents farm. Remember how I said I love the cycles of life? I liked roasting hot dogs and marshmallows with my Mom and Dad growing up and now my kids do too!! Love that!



This is Austin (who didn't realize I was taking his picture) enjoying the fall afternoon on the porch reading a book. I love it as it is the first fall in our new house in the US and we had our own (albeit little) tree turning colors!! Yeah. I wonder how big it is now???



This speaks for itself!! Chloe and Wyatt having fun at the Farmers Market, Fall 2003!
(In October our local Farmers Market lets kids come by and paint those little tiny pumpkins for free. We had come for just that occasion--I have photos of their creation somewhere--but first Mom had them pose by this cute scarecrow couple!!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

these photos make me so happy. i just love fall. :)

Amber Joy said...

I agree with you on all of the above, and the pictures are wonderful. I like all of the seasons, but I really do think that fall is the best!

Anonymous said...

Chrissy, I loved looking at your pictures! The trees haven't turned yet, but Dad brought the cornstalks up this weekend and the decorating has begun! I was thinking of you as we put things up. :) You have a real talent for writing about things- you should write a magazine article. It would be great !

Susie said...

How darling are all of these phtoos, Chrissy! I especially like the baby in the bucket and your son on teh porch with autumn leaves changing. Perfect.

michelle_d said...

Beautiful photos. Great memories. Thanks for sharing, Chrissy.