Friday, October 13, 2006

finally!

Finally I am updating. Ahhh, feels good to be back. But felt good to be away too! :o) It seems like things are just super busy here lately. We're coming down to the last months of school here and it seems there are so many last minute projects, reports, tests, practices, etc. Kind of crazy. But it is good too. Another month and a half and ahhhh, summer vacation. We'll be ready!!

Also, my husband was traveling again last week. It was only about 5 days, but since I had to do it all, it seemed a bit longer to me! :o) I'll say it again, I do not know how single moms do it!!

So that is why I have been away. Just seems like when things get busy "real" life should win out over "virtual" life! Know what I mean??

Anyway--just thought I'd let you know I am alive and well. Say a little prayer for my oldest, Zahcary, he is away at a camp for four days and I am an over-protective nervous Mom! He just joined an Int'l youth group. He is excited about it and they had a camp this weekend. It will be a great way for him to bond and get to know the kids. But right now, he doesn't know any of them. It just killed the Mom in me to look in and see him sitting on the bus all alone. I am praying that someone will reach out and befriend him. It's just that 7th grade boys aren't always the most thoughtful people around!! So praying God will send one his way!! I'll let you know next week how it went!!

And maybe I'll be brave enough to tell you about the RAT we had in the trash while Darrin was gone!! Ugh!! Hope you are all doing well. --ck

3 comments:

michelle_d said...

Prayers for your sweet Zachary. Sounds like a great opportunity for him. And I'm sure he's made lots of friends.

Yuck about the rat. But yay! that you're back. I missed you :)

Anonymous said...

summer holidays already!? oh that just seems so strange! it's just started snowing here!

Mary Jo said...

Oh I know what you mean about that protective mom vibe. I feel that so often with Evan.
And my husband has been traveling a bit more lately too. When he does I always appreciate how much he helps out when he's here.