Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Good, good news!!

YEAH!! I am so very happy. I just found out some very fun news!! My Mom and Dad and my sister Amy are all three coming to visit us for a week in early December! YEAH!! I am so excited. My parents had been talking about coming for awhile and so we were hopeful. But we didn't know that "Aunt Amy" might be joining them. But now they have actually purchased their tickets and I can allow myself to get excited! YEAH!! If it is possible, I think that my kids are even more excited than I am. So we all have something to look forward to! Can't wait. The kids have actually started the countdown already!

My Mom and my sister Amy earlier this year at my brother's wedding. Am so excited they are coming!

This is my Mom and Dad with my four little ones during their last visit here in Jan 2005--almost two years ago. No wonder we are so excited they are coming to visit!!

Next, several of you had asked about Zachary and camp since I mentioned him in a previous post. As you may have suspected, he survived!! Actually I survived, he loved it. Really. He didn't have friends with this new youth group yet. But he said camp was great. He got to know some of the other kids his age and of course thoroughly enjoyed the late night games of Capture the Flag. And even more exciting for the mom in me, he said the speakers and the sessions were great. He has talked a lot with me about some of the things he learned, what moved him, what challenged him, etc. I am so thankful for the Godly men that weekend who challenged young boys to live out their faith!!

Zachary being Zachary! :o)
Zachary smiling politely for Mom so she will stop taking pictures! :o)

9 comments:

Cathy said...

So happy for your happy news, Chrissy!

And could Zachary be any cuter?

So glad he had fun at camp - we sent our 11 year old off to camp alone this past summer - I was so worried about him, but he had a blast... camp is so fun.

(Yay again for your family coming!)

Mary Jo said...

I can tell how happy you are that your family is visiting!
So happy for you :)

Anonymous said...

hooray, hooray, hooray. I am so happy for you. That will be such a huge blessing.

Anonymous said...

oh chrissy! i am so excited for you!!!!!!

michelle_d said...

What great news Chrissy! I'm so excited for you! It's okay if you start a countdown too :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Late Birthday! Love reading your bloggy blog...

Jessi

Susie said...

What happy news to read Chrissy K!

Katy said...

How sweet!!
So happy for you (and HIM) ;) that he had fun at camp and remembered things to tell his mother! :)

I am also thrilled for you that family is coming to visit.
Glad I got a chance to do a quick "check up" on your blog.

I've been practicing my Spanish for my oral exam on Monday... your blog es muya beuno!!! :D (yeah, I need more vocabulary)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you get to see your family!