Thursday, August 03, 2006

this and that

Well, this is going to be a random post. Just a little bit of this and that!

**Getting things ready for Chloe's birthday party. Can't believe she's almost 8! How did that happen?? She is inviting a few little girlfriends home from school next Friday to celebrate. She is so excited! She wakes up every morning comes into my room and says "Mommy, just 11 more days till my birthday!!" progressively counting down every day. Such anticipation!!

**Trying so very hard to be better organized about household stuff -- not let the laundry get out of control, do the dishes before they overflow the counter (I really miss dishwashers!!), try to do a little every day, etc. I am reading the flylady site again. It always gives me great hope at first but later makes me feel rotten as it seems overwhelming. {Deep sigh} Can a "messie" ever really become a non-messie? Ah, the great questions in life!! :o)



** These photos are proof positive that somebody loves me!! My family sent a birthday box for Chloe's birthday and my sister Amy put in a few things for me--little things I can't get here like butterscotch chips (not pictured as they are in my fridge so they don't melt!!); these muffin mixes --so great for the lazy-morning person in me; and a new candy to try-- Peanut Reese's pieces-- I love the original so can't wait to try these. Thanks Amy!! Sounds silly but little things from home are so fun to find in a box at the post-office. Yeah!!


**A very simple little thank-you card I made. (Idea from the Joy of Cardmaking, 2) I have not scrapped in AGES. I do make cards and notebooks and little gift type things. But to actually put pictures on paper with journaling. Oh my, I need to get back in the groove of things!!


**Finally, here is my little "Redeeming My Season" Christmas organizer. (double click to see it up close) I am in an online group called Redeeming My Season which is to try and help us think, plan, and prepare now for Christmas so that when December arrives we will be ready to actually enjoy the season and focus on it's meaning and the other important things instead of being crazy busy and having the whole month pass by in a stressed out flash and not enjoy anything. (Not that I have ever done that of course! ha!) Anyway, we are supposed to have a notebook to use as an organizer so I decorated mine a little. Simple. But I like it. Now to finish all my "assignments"!! :o) The little words read "my little attempt to re-capture the meaning-- to focus on peace instead of being busy!"

**Thanks for reading gals. I love getting e-mails and hearing that so many of you are checking in on me here. And thanks Susie, Nadine, Marie, Amber and Cathy for being so faithful at leaving comments. At least that way I know someone has been here!! :o)

9 comments:

Susie said...

Can a messie ever become an on-messie- I would like to know, too!
I like your Christmas organizer- I am not apart of this online group- I think Michelle is, though, but I am about to place an order for my cards and get those going at the end of the month. SO maybe I ought to join since we're expecting a baby in December! Eek :0

P.S. You're welcome :)

Anonymous said...

i still haven't got my organizer together yet. is that bad. everything is in my head right now but i know i really need to get it down on paper before i FORGET!

michelle_d said...

I love your organizer. I am so behind in reading my redeeming my season emails. But I have done some of the things.

I also float in and out of being a flylady gal :)

Cathy said...

Hey - I've made that card before - I love the simplicity of it and yet how pretty it is!

I'm in the Reedeming the Season group - and I haven't done a thing. Terrible.

But I do stay on top of the laundry... I should get some points for that.

And flylady? I could never get over her silly insistence that I wear shoes. We never wear shoes in the house.

Anonymous said...

oh, my gosh, I so love you that you are a messie like me, one who is struggling (despeartely!) to become a non-messie. But, I am living witness that you are loved when your family sends you such amazing gifts from afar. Reese's pieces! (I'm craving!), with peanuts (I'm drooling!) so, so, so, so, so happy for you, and tell Chloe, a lady in Kosova says "Happy Birthday!" and, you're welcome.

Anonymous said...

Hey Chrissy, I think your Christmas organizer is really cute! Glad you liked the goodies--I wish now I had sent more. Hope chloe has a great birthday! Love, Amy

Katy said...

here I am!!! here I am!!
I use flylady too, but I delete her emails at will, with no guilt... baby steps... ONE at a time. I do one new "thing" every 30 days (if I'm good). One thing at a time. That makes it not so overwhelming for me at least. :)
Promise to comment more!

Jenny L. said...

Chrissy, your organizer is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

CUTE book can you come here and teach it? I'm pretty sure there is a class in there!!!! Haha!
Miss you like CRAZY!