36 things I am thankful for on this my 36th Birthday!
(in totally random order!)
1. Diet coke!!
2. my four sweet kiddos
3. sunny days
4. sleeping in late
5.scrapbooking
6. chocolate
7. caramel corn
8. my wonderful friends
9. pineapple corer/ring maker thingy
10. Chik-fil-A nuggets with Polynesian sauce
11. Pablo Neruda's poems
12. Suziebeezieland
13. digital cameras
14. my sweet soul-mate
15. Red Velvet Cake. mmmm
16. my wonderful family (love you all!!)
17. gingham ribbon
18. cinnamon candy
19. online free radio
20. sushi
21. airplanes
22. high speed internet
23. knowing Jesus (and being loved unconditionally!!)
24. white sand beaches
25. Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel lotion
26. living in a city surrounded by green mountains
27. Darrin Paul --who has put up with me for 16 of the 36 years!
28. my puppy Buster
29. holidays (my favorites = Christmas, Thanksgiving and today--Oct.3!!)
30. automatic ice makers
31. long hot bubble baths
32. concealer :o)
33. feather pillows
34. snooze button on my alarm clock
35. HGTV and Food Network
36. finally feeling ok with just being me--messy, talkative, outgoing, procrastinating, stay-up-late-at-night, love-to-have-fun--me!
3. sunny days
4. sleeping in late
5.scrapbooking
6. chocolate
7. caramel corn
8. my wonderful friends
9. pineapple corer/ring maker thingy
10. Chik-fil-A nuggets with Polynesian sauce
11. Pablo Neruda's poems
12. Suziebeezieland
13. digital cameras
14. my sweet soul-mate
15. Red Velvet Cake. mmmm
16. my wonderful family (love you all!!)
17. gingham ribbon
18. cinnamon candy
19. online free radio
20. sushi
21. airplanes
22. high speed internet
23. knowing Jesus (and being loved unconditionally!!)
24. white sand beaches
25. Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel lotion
26. living in a city surrounded by green mountains
27. Darrin Paul --who has put up with me for 16 of the 36 years!
28. my puppy Buster
29. holidays (my favorites = Christmas, Thanksgiving and today--Oct.3!!)
30. automatic ice makers
31. long hot bubble baths
32. concealer :o)
33. feather pillows
34. snooze button on my alarm clock
35. HGTV and Food Network
36. finally feeling ok with just being me--messy, talkative, outgoing, procrastinating, stay-up-late-at-night, love-to-have-fun--me!
Yeah!! It's my birthday today! I love to celebrate!! Silly I know to still be excited about my birthday, but I am!! I have heard so many people say they don't like birthdays. Turning another year older is a depressing thing for some. But I don't see it that way. I have a whole year's worth of events and happenings to be thankful for, another year of (often hard earned) wisdom gained, another year of health and life, a new year of adventure ahead of me! That is exciting. Plus I get cake and ice cream and gifts. What's not to like? :o) I really do sound like my five year old, huh?? Anyway, in the spirit of celebrating I have written 36 completely random things I am thankful for. And no, we don't have Chik-Fil-A (#10) or a bathtub (#31) or an automatic ice maker (#30) here in Costa Rica-- but I can still be thankful for those things, right??!!

8 comments:
Happy, happy, Birthday, Chrissy!!!
I hope you have a wonderful day :)
Happy Birthday, Chrissy!! Thank you for 36 wonderful years of enjoying you as my daughter! That is always on my list of things to be thankful for in my life. Have a wonderful day. We'll be thinking of you on our way to G-Buds. All our Love!
To my wonderful faith driven, missional, gorgeous hair havin', craft queen, 36 year old friend:
Happy Happy Day to you. May you feel celebrated today. And get lots of presents. And eat delicious cake.
(I'm the same way about birthdays. Totally. I think that makes us soul sisters.)
happy happy birthday to you chrissy! what a wonderful place to be celebrating your birthday!
happy, happy birthday, sweet Chrissy :) Enjoy your day- and I do hope it's filled with sunshine and all good things.
S
Happy Birthday Chrissy! I love birthdays too! Hope you had a great day (looks like I'm arriving a bit late to the party!)
What a lovely list of birthday blessings :)
Happy, Happy Birthday Crissy! What a very cool thing. I am all about being happy about another birthday. I always feel a little juvenile in my celebration of my birthday, especially when others get so upset about theirs. And, the fact that you don't have those things allows you to be that much more thankful for them!!! Happy, happy, Birthday!
Chrissy, I hope you had a wonderful birthday, it looks as though you did. :) What a nice treat from your parents.
Happy belated birthday!
Post a Comment